Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This fish is not out of water

BB and I decided to go on a walk this morning, and I'm glad we did.  A week or so ago I found out that Ellensburg's largest park is about a block and a half down the street from my house. I thought it was great with the 6 baseball diamonds, 2 soccer fields, 2 play grounds, and paved running loop; but today we took it to the next level. The park actually reaches all the way to the Yakima river with several little calm lagoons, but it doesn't end there. There are also 2 recreational lakes, one of which has a shoreline that is dog walker friendly.  BB and I enjoyed the refreshing cool water on our skin and the early 10am-not-so-killer sunshine.  I want to go back tomorrow with my bathing suit.  Anyone is welcome to join us.
We are enjoying our new house way too much.  The back yard is adorable and there is just about everything I need right within reach. I'm a stone's throw from the supermarket and only 9 minute bike ride to the center of campus. I left behind a life with a dishwasher at the apartment and traded it for this adorable house with a washer and dryer, a yard, and a shed.

P.S. -- I took my piss test this morning for my new position with the Yakima Nation Forestry Archaeology Program. I also took my very first breathalyzer test. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment